Productivity is the key to success. Because every individual is unique, the productivity techniques that work for some individuals might not work for others. For this reason, we have gathered the 10 most useful productivity applications that you can download to your smart devices, today, to achieve more goals in a shorter amount of time.
- Buffer helps with social media management. Through the app, users can schedule social media posts for the times in which your audiences are more prone to be online.
- FocusList is an app that helps you to focus on one task at a time by tracking the amount of time you spend on it.
- Cisco Spark works as your personal assistant, sending you emails every morning with details about what your day will look like. It provides you with a list of the activities you have planned for the day, as well as the timeframes for those tasks. It also allows you to keep your team members updated on meetings, tasks and projects.
- Forest helps you to focus on one task by allowing you to set a timer to spend on each activity. It’s a great app because it helps you to avoid distractions like texts, phone calls or searching the web. Whenever you finish a task, you grow a tree. If you don’t finish, the tree dies. The idea behind the app is to grow a forest that will show you how productive and efficient you can be.
- Mindfulness helps you to create a meditation schedule, so you can better cope with your day.
- Blinkist was created for those booklovers who don’t have enough time to read books completely. Blinkist summarizes non-fiction books and reads them to you, through audio or text, in just 15 minutes. This app works best to do research or learn general information.
- Google Keep allows you to create notes, write tasks down and pin them to the screen of your smart devices.
- Newton is an app that separate your personal emails from your work-related emails.
- Hours is an app that allows you to track the time you spend being productive versus the time you spend on distractions. The app compares the hours you spend on both situations and gives you a report at the end of the week, so you can have an idea of how you manage your time.
- Noisi provides you with ideal sounds to keep you focused on your tasks.
These and many other apps will help you stay focused on your tasks making you a more productive individual. Go ahead and download the one that interests you the most to start enhancing your time management skills.
Michelle Bizet is a senior in public relations at the University of Florida. She loves working in the communications field and she is very passionate about the labor nonprofit organizations do. When she is not managing social media or studying for school, she can be found running The Swamp or cooking delicious and nutritious meals.