Avera & Smith LLP was recognized by U.S. News and Best Lawyers’ as one of the Best Law Firms of 2014. This award was given to Avera & Smith based on their work product and understanding of businesses practices in 2013.
Jeff Lajza and Greg Kniseley joined Parrish-McCall Constructors as senior project manager and vice president of estimating, respectively. Parrish-McCall Constructors is a commercial general contractor based in Gainesville that specializes in health care, commercial and educational construction.
Kathy Ward-Darin, who is the director of leasing for Butler Enterprises, received the Certified Retail Property Executive designation from the International Council of Shopping Centers. She is one of 752 international real estate professionals in the inaugural class of the certification. Ward has been with Butler Enterprises since 2011 and has brought many new stores to Butler Plaza. She will also be directing the leasing for the expansion of Butler Plaza North and the development of Butler Town Center.
Nikki Wagner has been named assistant director of UF Bergstrom Center for Real Estate Studies. Wagner will focus on coordinating events, branding and assisting in the overall administration of the center.
Carolyne Salt and Sharyn McPhail joined the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce as membership account executives.
Larry Bullock has been appointed as CFO at AGTC. Bullock has over two decades of experience in the biotechnology industry, and he has also been through three successful IPOs.
Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce presented the following awards at its 2014 annual meeting:
- Diplomat of the Year – Randy Persad, Northwestern Mutual
- Most Valuable Diplomat Award – Collin Austin, New Scooters 4 Less
- Chamber Champion – Brian Soucek, SiVance, Chair of AMANCF
- Special Recognition – David Day, University of Florida Office of Technology Licensing
- Innovator of the Year – Patti Breedlove, UF Sid Martin Biotechnology Incubator
- Chairman’s Award – Gainesville Chamber’s Energy Study Group, N. David Flagg, chair, and Dr. David Denslow, vice chair
- Legacy Award – Dr. Winfred Phillips, University of Florida
The law office of Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor and Reed, P.A. has expanded its capital markets and technologies group with the addition of a new office in Gainesville. Along with the new office, it also announced that corporate attorney John B. Montague will join the company.
Bob Page has been named executive vice president and senior leading officer at Florida Citizens Bank.
Vicki Santello, first vice president of wealth management at the Gainesville branch of Merrill Lynch, received the Chartered Retirement Planning Specialist certification from the College for Financial Planning.
Angela Greak joined James Moore, Certified Public Accountants and Consultants as a seasonal tax preparer.
Samuel Hayes celebrated his 50-year anniversary with Butler Enterprises. During his time with the company, Hayes has held a variety of roles, including construction.
Kempton & Self Plumbing Service Inc. earned the Angie’s List Super Service Award from the consumer-review website for the third year in a row. The award recognizes the contractors that are rated in the top 5 percent on the site.
D.E. Scorpio Corporation has announced the addition of three new members to their team: Don Kellogg as a senior project manager, Aaron Rogers as a senior superintendent and Kurt Schuman as a senior estimator. These individuals were instrumental in delivering notable area projects such as the North Florida Regional Medical Center Patient Tower, UF Southwest Recreation Center Expansion and The Villages Senior Living Community.
Michael Sibley, CPA, a partner at James Moore, Certified Public Accountants and Consultants, earned a Black Belt Certification in Lean Six Sigma through the Process Excellence Network.
James Moore, Certified Public Accountants and Consultants, announced the following promotions for the month of January:
- Christine Bange was promoted to associate accountant.
- Nadia Batey, CPA, was promoted to manager.
- Nicholas Bilotta, CPA, was promoted to senior accountant.
- Brittany Bowman, CPA, was promoted to senior accountant.
- Katie Davis, CPA, was promoted to senior manager.
- Douglas Gillikin, CPA, was promoted to senior accountant.
- Brendan McKitrick, CPA, was promoted to senior accountant.
- Varsha Mohinani, CPA, was promoted to manager.
- Katherine Munday was promoted to associate accountant.
- Alfredo Ruiz, CPA, was promoted to associate accountant.
- Daniel Sanders was promoted to senior technology solutions consultant.
- Corinne Turcotte, CPA, was promoted to senior accountant.
- Jeremy Wright, CPA, was promoted to manager.