North Central Florida’s first non-profit, food business or “kitchen” incubator – is once again hosting a series of fundraising events in August for “Farm-to-Restaurant Month.”
“Farm-to-Restaurant Month” offers a series of fun events centered around enjoying and learning about local food, the farms that grow it, and some of the local foodservice venues that provide it. Both the City of Gainesville and Alachua County have declared August “Farm-to-Restaurant Month.”
Ways to participate in “Farm-to-Restaurant Month”:
- Attend non-ticket events:
- Friday, August 2nd Food Truck Rally at CYMPLIFY
- Saturday, August 10th at The Bagel Bakery
- Wednesday, August 21st at The Jones B-side (tickets only sold at the door for Swamp Head glass and refill special)
- Week of August 26th-30th at Tempo Bistro To Go
- Buy tickets in advance for ticket-only events:
- Monday, August 26th at The Wooly
- Friday, August 30th Northwest Seafood Low-Country Boil at Prairie Creek Lodge
- Become a sponsor of Blue Oven and Farm-to-Restaurant Month! Details in Farm-to-Restaurant Month attachment.
- Friday, August 2nd: Food truck rally at CYM Coffee Co (5402 NW 8th Ave)! 5 P. M. – 10 P. M. CYMPLIFY’S (almost) FAMOUS FOOD TRUCK RALLY! Lots of awesome food trucks (serving up both local and regional delicacies), incredible live music, delicious ice creams from CYMPLIFY Scoops, CYM Coffee Co serving up amazing coffee and specialty drinks, craft beers and wine… and more! This is a great family event and the food truck rallies at CYMPLIFY are quickly becoming a feel-good Gainesville tradition. Pets are very welcome. Please keep fuzzy friends on a leash.
- Saturday, August 10th: Bagel Bakery. 10% of all sales at our sponsor The Bagel Bakery (4113 NW 16th Blvd) benefit Blue Oven Kitchens. Stop by between 7 A. M. – 4 P. M. that day to support Blue Oven and taste the featured local items. You may also win a door prize!
- Wednesday, August 21st: The Jones B-side. The B-side (203 SW 2nd Ave) and Swamp Head Brewery are sponsoring this fun event. Come celebrate the first day of the semester or join friends after the downtown farmers’ market from 4 P. M. – 8 P. M. to take advantage of the B-side specials: Blue Oven gets a % of bar sales, of the featured local food menu item, and of the special cocktail. OR BUY A TICKET AT THE DOOR FOR $10. This $10 ticket includes: a 16oz Swamp Head Brewery glass with 1 fill of featured Swamp Head beer if you are 21 or older. Refills in this glass are $4. Tickets and refills available while supplies last. Live music on the porch.
- Monday, August 26th: The Wooly. Local fare buffet dinner at our sponsor The Wooly (20 N. Main Street) from 5:30 P. M. – 9 P. M. The Wooly is owned by and next to The Top restaurant. Live music between 6 P. M. and 8:30 P. M. ADVANCED PURCHASED TICKETS REQUIRED, LIMITED TO 150 PEOPLE. Tickets $35 per person or $60 per couple. Your ticket includes: buffet style dinner and 1 non-alcoholic beverage from event menu, live music, door prize drawing. PLEASE BRING CASH FOR CASH BAR.
- Friday, August 30th: Northwest Seafood’s Low Country Boil at Prairie Creek Lodge. Low country boil sponsored by Northwest Seafood, Swamp Head Brewery, and Alachua Conservation Trust! We will host this event at Alachua Conservation Trust’s Prairie Creek Lodge (7204 SE CR 234) from 5 P. M. – 8 P. M. ADVANCED PURCHASED TICKETS REQUIRED, LIMITED TO 100 PEOPLE. Tickets $35 per person or $60 per couple. Your ticket includes: low-country boil dinner (be prepared to get dirty!), a Swamp Head Brewery glass filled with a non-alcoholic beverage or 1 fill of Swamp Head beer if you are 21 or older, and live music. Refills of beer are $4 each while supplies last. PLEASE BRING CASH FOR BEER REFILLS.
- Week of August 26th – 30th (Mon-Fri) at Tempo Bistro: Tempo Bistro (1516 NW 13th Street) will make a $0.25 donation to Blue Oven for every cup or bowl of soup sold. These delicious soups will feature local ingredients.
Advanced purchased tickets are required for August 26th dinner at The Wooly and August 30th Low-Country Boil at Prairie Creek Lodge so we know how much food to source. If we have not reached capacity for the food we have prepared, we will sell tickets at the door. Check in with us or on our Facebook page for updates.
In order to keep your dollars local and to avoid paying fees to an online ticket/event platform and major credit card companies, we are asking you to reserve your tickets or become a sponsor by choosing one of the following. You may tentatively reserve your tickets or become a sponsor by calling or emailing Val Leitner at (352) 278- 7518 or email@example.com (reservations are confirmed when payment is received). You may send in the “Sponsor” or “Ticket” form as directed on those forms (in attached document). You may simply stop by the Blue Oven booth at the Union Street Farmers’ Market, downtown Gainesville, on Wednesdays (over by the courthouse) from 4pm—6pm. Or, if an online transaction is much simpler for you, you may also use PayPal through our website (make sure to write in details of what you would like to attend, or what level of sponsorship you are requesting the “Notes” section of PayPal).
Blue Oven’s Incubating Entrepreneurs: For a complete list with details, please visit our “Meet Blue Oven’s Incubating Food Entrepreneurs” page: https://www.blueovenkitchens.org/2013/05/30/meet-blue-ovens-incubating-food-entrepreneurs/
Looking for a cooking class to attend? Learn more at https://www.blueovenkitchens.org/2013/01/18/cooking-class-updates/